Year 8 News
Year 8 News
Dear Year 8 students
A warm welcome back and Happy New Year to all DBIS students and families. I trust that you all had an excellent holiday and are now feeling refreshed and energised for the exciting year ahead. At the start of term I would like you to take the opportunity to reflect on your year so far and to think carefully about the positive changes you would like to make. Here are 5 'New Year Resolutions' you might want to try:
- Use your planner correctly. This is a simple and easy to do plus it will help your home learning and your general organisation.
- Learn how to play an instrument. Speak to Mrs Lambert today and find out what would be best for you.
- Get healthy. With so many extra curricular sports clubs available why don’t you make this year an energetic one.
- Stop procrastinating and set specific targets that are achievable e.g I won’t use social media until I have finished my home learning, I will complete the work the day it is set, I will put my phone in a different room whilst I am studying etc…
- Be kind. Always try to be a little kinder than you need to be, it will make you and those around you happy.
I hope you will have a wonderful year ahead; that you'll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you'll make something that didn't exist before, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind.”
Mathematics Teacher and Year Group Leader.
Discovery Bay International School.