CONNECT with us

Student Health

Student Health

DBIS has a well equipped and welcoming medical room at our Primary/Secondary campus and at our Early Years campus.

The medical rooms are staffed by a Health and First Aid Coordinator at each campus.

Staffing Hours

Early Years Campus08:30 - 15:30
Primary/Secondary Campus08:15 - 15:15

Student Medical Profile

It is critical that the school has up-to-date medical information about your child.  Please keep your child's medical records up-to-date by completing the DBIS Medical Profile Form.

We recommend at least three emergency contacts with one contact preferably outside the family.  Most families have both parents, their helper and then a family friend as emergency contacts.

Administration of Prescribed Medicine at School

To ensure the safety of your child we have a set of procedures in place that must be adhered to should your child require us to administer medication during the school day.

If your child requires regular medication, the school requires you to provide authorisation to dispense the medicines.  You must complete the Prescribed Medicines Form online or visit the medical room to complete it with the Health and First Aid Coordinator .

Medications must be handed to the Health and First Aid Coordinator by a responsible adult (parent or helper).  No medications will be accepted from students. 

Remaining medication will not be sent home with a student – a parent or carer will need to collect it from our medical room.

Immunisations

DBIS requires parents to provide the date of their child's last tetatus immunisation.  Please bring our records up-to-date if your child has had a recent booster using the DBIS Medical Profile Form.

The Hong Kong Department of Health visits the school annually and immunises Year 1 and Year 6 students free of charge for the following:

Primary 1

MMRV Vaccine (Measles, Mumps, Rubella & Varicella) - Second Dose
DTaP-IPV Vaccine - Booster Dose

Primary 6

dTap-IPV Vaccine - Booster Dose

For all students, newly arrived in Hong Kong, the Department of Health has issued recommendations on student immunisation.

You may also wish to look at the Hong Kong Childhood Immunisation Programme, provided by the Department of Health.

For Year 2 to Year 6 students, who have moved to DBIS from another school, the Department of Health has also issued the following recommendations.

General Information

Students should be kept at home if they have a forehead temperature of 37.5°C or above.

Please do not send your child back to school after an illness, until they have been fever-free and not had a bout of diarrhoea or vomiting for at least 24 hours.  During peak 'flu season (August and January to March) this should be extended to 48 hours.

Headlice are an occasional nuisance in all schools particulary in the younger years.  Here is a guide on how to treat them.

The Department of Health has also issued guidelines on how to prevent communicable diseases in schools.