CONNECT with us
Mathematics & Computing

Mathematics & Computing

Mathematics & Computing

Mathematics & Computing

Extensive mathematics and computing opportunities are available to our students in Secondary School.

Our mathematics department offers students the opportunity to be involved in a number of mathematics competitions throughout the academic year.

There are a number of extra-curricular support sessions in place for all students throughout the week in order to facilitate and support learning at DBIS.

Our mathematics department aims to guide students’ successfully through the curriculum at the same time building a confidence in problem solving and inspiring satisfaction when correctly answering mathematical challenges. DBIS highlights the importance of numeracy along with the ability to demonstrate real-life problems in a mathematical context.

In Years 7, 8 and 9, many lessons throughout the course are devoted to mathematics using various interactive online tools. MyiMaths is a popular and proven online resource that is regularly accessed. IGCSE is then delivered to two Year 10 and 11 classes. For gifted and talented mathematicians at DBIS a further pure mathematics programme is offered.

The Computer Science department is aware computing skills are becoming an increasingly essential aspect of many professions. DBIS seeks to develop, students’ computing skills across all Key Stages using our extensive iMac suites to whatever level they wish, whether as a tool to assist their studies or as an advanced subject at (I)GCSE level. DBIS aims to develop the confidence and capability of all students by introducing and using computing skills across the curriculum at all ages. There are a number of extra-curricular support sessions in place for all students throughout the week in order to facilitate and support learning in ICT.