CONNECT with us
Activities & Trips

Activities & Trips

Activities & Trips

Activities & Trips

Opportunities for DBIS students to learn outside of the classroom are highly valued at the school and support our holistic approach to learning.

Each year group in the Primary School participates in visits, trips and activities to support their social and intellectual development as well as fostering their skills of inquiry and problem solving. The school has many long standing links with organisations both regionally and internationally to ensure the students are involved in rich and diverse learning experiences.

Progression in the nature of the activities and experiences the students engage with is carefully considered by the teachers in planning the outdoor education programme, as is ensuring trips support and enhance the learning taking place within the classroom. Students participate in exciting day visits such as pizza making, transport trips and farm visits. Local museums and places of interest throughout Hong Kong play a key part in helping students to learn about their local environment and the history and culture of the country they live in.

Once students reach Year 5 they take part in an outdoor educational and adventure camp based in Hong Kong. The camp activities are linked to the units of learning from the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The students enjoy team building and practical skills based activities along with working on a community project.

In Year 6 the students travel to Guilin in China for a residential trip. The students stay at a hotel in the beautiful town of Yangshuo. Here they experience the local culture from cormorant fishing to hiking and visiting regional villages. The trip also enables them to practice the Mandarin language skills they have developed in class by bartering in local markets and ordering food from local restaurants.

As part of our membership of FOBISIA, the students also have the opportunity to participate in competitions, festivals and activities both regionally and internationally. The FOBISIA Performing Arts Carnival brings students from the FOBISIA family of schools together to organise and practice for a truly outstanding choral and orchestral concert. In addition the students have the opportunity to attend a range of workshops that focus on other aspects of performing arts. The Primary FOBISIA Games also takes place annually. We take a forty two strong squad of boys and girls to compete in a range of sporting disciplines including track and field events, swimming, T Ball and football.