CONNECT with us

Creative Arts

Creative Arts

Creative Arts

A thriving Creative Arts department with a supportive atmosphere in which students are encouraged to develop into confident communicators and performers.

Our team of Creative Arts teachers aim to deliver a diverse programme both in and out of the classroom programme both in and out of the classroom in order to enrich and inspire our students. Supported by a committed group of peripatetic teachers, the Music department offers numerous extra-curricular activities and an array of public performance opportunities. These include large scale community events such as Carols On The Pitch, the Spring Concert, International Food Fair, as well as Music Soirees. There are also a number of opportunities for students to participate in international music festivals through our ongoing membership of FOBISIA.

Drama plays a significant role in the school through the rich CA programme on offer, as well as in a discreet learning environment from Year 7 onwards. The school produces a number of large-scale shows throughout the academic year, In the Primary School, children take part in a production in Years 1, 3 and 5 and the annual Secondary Show is an inspirational and memorable event, which showcases the breadth of talent of our senior students. Recent productions include The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Blood Brothers and Alice.

Art enjoys a very high profile at DBIS. Visitors to the school may immediately be struck by the physical presence of the students’ work throughout the school grounds and shared areas. The annual Art Exhibition is an evening event held during the school’s Creative Arts Week and is a celebration of the high calibre and creative expression of the artwork of both our Primary and Secondary students.