CONNECT with us
International Primary Curriculum

International Primary Curriculum

International Primary Curriculum

International Primary Curriculum

The IPC is a comprehensive, thematic, creative curriculum for 3-11 year olds, with a clear process of learning and with specific learning goals for every subject, for international mindedness and for personal learning.

It is an approach that helps to prepare students for the future by ensuring that they develop critical thinking skills, leadership skills, personal skills, ICT skills and environmental awareness through a rigorous curriculum.

The IPC has been designed to ensure rigorous learning but also to ensure learning is exciting, active and meaningful for our students. The subject goals cover the knowledge (the facts and information children might learn), the skills (those practical abilities children need to be able to do) and the understandings (the deeper awareness of key concepts which develops over time). There are subject Learning Goals for Science, Design Technology, History, Geography, Art and Society. Learning with the IPC takes a global approach; helping our students to connect their learning to where they are living now as well as looking at the learning from the perspective of other people in other countries.

Our classrooms contain vivid and exciting displays to document the learning in IPC. As each topic develops so does the display in order to support students in their learning journey and allow them to celebrate their learning.