CONNECT with us
Assessment, Recording and Reporting

Assessment, Recording and Reporting

Assessment, Recording and Reporting

Assessment, Recording and Reporting

Assessment, recording and reporting are fundamental aspects of student learning as well as ensuring our parents have a clear understanding of their children’s attainment and achievement.

Great emphasis is placed on the value of teacher assessment to ensure that students have an accurate understanding of their achievements and targets. Students complete formal assessments during terms 1, 2 and 3 the purpose of which is to support and inform teacher judgement.

Assessment is a critical part of learning at DBIS with students continually having the opportunity to reflect upon their learning and discuss future targets with their peers and teachers. Our students are encouraged to be independent thinkers and learners therefore great emphasis is placed on students identifying areas of success as well as deriving their own learning targets. Students will experience a range of methods for receiving feedback including verbal, written comments on their work and marking codes which are consistent and developmental throughout the Primary School.

Assessment for learning is a paramount to our teachers not only in terms of providing information on students’ current attainment levels but also in ensuring future planning is tailored to meet the needs of individual students.

Reporting and communicating with parents is highly regarded at DBIS to ensure parents are actively involved with their child’s learning. Each term parents are invited to an open morning where students can share their learning and celebrate their achievements. We also hold formal parent teacher conferences at the start of the year and at the start of term 2 so that parents can meet with their child’s class teacher to review their learning. A progress report is written at the end of term 1 and an end of year report is received by parents on the last day of term 3.

Whilst there are formal opportunities for parents to meet with parents throughout the year, DBIS operates an open door policy where parents are always welcome to meet with their child’s class teacher to discuss any aspect of their academic, personal or social development.