CONNECT with us
Head of Primary Welcome

Head of Primary Welcome

We have been consistently delighted to traverse the Primary School classrooms and feel the buzz of learning and teaching throughout.

Teaching and Learning Gatehouse Inspection Report 2013

Head of Primary Welcome

Head of Primary Welcome

WELCOME TO THE PRIMARY SCHOOL. IT IS MY GREAT PLEASURE, AS THE HEAD OF PRIMARY, TO INTRODUCE YOU TO ALL OUR SCHOOL HAS TO OFFER.

Our Primary School is a unique and special community school which puts learning at the heart of everything we do.  The school's philosophy is based around the holistic development of the whole child, ensuring that all students are given every opportunity to pursue their individual strengths and interests and develop their curiosity, independence, confidence and resilience when meeting new challenges. Our enquiry-based approach to learning is supported through our innovative use of technology and supports the development of independent and critical thinking skills in our students.

DBIS offers an outstanding range of quality extra-curricular activities, giving our students the opportunity to pursue their personal interests and talents. We also pride ourselves on the excellent pastoral care given to support students throughout their time in the primary school, maintaining a focus on well-being and positivity, as they start to prepare for their secondary education and beyond.

We truly value the cultural diversity of DBIS students and ensure the curriculum offers the opportunity to celebrate, understand and reflect upon the importance of internationalism. In addition to exciting themed ‘Discovery Days’, students throughout the Primary School regularly mark a range of different religious and cultural festivals, and our wider school community and external visitors play an integral part in supporting these opportunities and making them exceptional learning experiences for us all.

Due to the distinct nature of living in Hong Kong, DBIS students are extremely aware of their global footprint. Environmental awareness is interwoven into the ethos of the school with students continually searching for opportunities to make their community a more sustainable environment.

We are proud of the close relationships we develop between home and school as we work together with our parents to ensure our students are able to make the best possible progress according to their unique abilities. We value these relationships and are always looking for ways to strengthen them, so encourage all our community to regularly come in and talk to us about students’ learning, their well being and general development to ensure that every child in our school community has the opportunity to flourish.

We hope the following pages give you an insight into our happy and exciting learning community.

Susan Walter
Head of Primary