CONNECT with us
Secondary School Admissions

Secondary School Admissions

There is a palpable sense of each student enjoying quality relationships and challenging learning to meet their individual needs.

Teaching and Learning Gatehouse Inspection Report 2013

Secondary School Admissions

Secondary School Admissions

The Secondary School of Discovery Bay International School accepts students from the ages of 11 to 18.

Our students follow the English National Curriculum throughout their Secondary years culminating in (I)GCSE examinations in Years 10 and 11 and A/AS Levels in Years 12 and 13.

We welcome and encourage new parents and students to visit the school and meet the staff and students where possible. School tours can be arranged with one of the senior leaders at a mutually convenient time, throughout the year. Prospective students are required to sit an admissions assessment at the time of their visit although this can be arranged online at another time, if necessary. This involves a written component and interview.

You can register your interest and request a tour by emailing our Admissions Manager, Mrs Alison Wyatt on admissions@dbis.edu.hk or by contacting us by telephone (+852 2987 7331). Please also take a look at our School Prospectus.

Our Application Form can be completed online. The following table will give you a guide as to which year is appropriate for your child.

Age on 1st Sept 2016Year Group
11Year 7
12Year 8
13Year 9
14Year 10
15Year 11
16Year 12
17Year 13

There is a non-returnable School Development Levy which is required to be paid before the student joins the school (not applicable for Years 12 and 13). 

related events