CONNECT with us

Assessment, Recording, Reporting

Assessment, Recording, Reporting

Assessment, Recording, Reporting

Assessment forms an integral part of the learning process and ethos in our Secondary School.

Assessments enable students and teacher to identifying strengths and areas for improvement and allow them to evaluate progress and learning experience.

A wide variety of both formative and summative assessment procedures are used by subject teachers to evaluate and differentiate their delivery of the curriculum and each lesson. In addition to summative assessments in each subject to ascertain the level a student has achieved, day-to-day formative assessments take place to gather information on what an individual or group of children understand or do not understand and how future teaching will be adapted to account for this.

Students are given verbal feedback on their work whenever possible. This will occur during lessons, and after homework and tests have been completed. Written feedback is a regular occurrence in each subject, though due to the low staff to student ratios we are afforded, personalised verbal feedback is the norm.

Each student in the Secondary school received three short reports a year providing a snapshot of progress including current and target attainment levels, as well as qualitative information pertaining to homework and attitudes to learning. In addition, one written report is sent home each year containing an overview of each student’s progress in each subject.