CONNECT with us
Assessment, Recording, Reporting

Assessment, Recording, Reporting

Assessment, Recording, Reporting

Assessment, Recording, Reporting

Assessment forms an integral part of the learning process and ethos in our Secondary school.

The primary purpose of assessment should be to promote student learning. We aim for high quality teaching and learning, and the heart of this is effective assessment, underpinned by our growth mindset belief that all pupils can succeed.

Our assessments focus on the educational outcomes that matter most, not just on those things that are easiest to test and quantify, and provides information to improve the quality of teaching and learning and support improved outcomes for student learning. 

Feedback on assessments is recognised as critical to student development and is provided on all forms of assessment. The essential components of feedback should consider the student’s goals, current performance and how further progress towards the goals can be made. Cross marking of assessment is encouraged, where possible, to ensure validity of results and consistency of feedback.

Each student in the Secondary school received three short reports a year providing a snapshot of progress including current and target attainment levels, as well as qualitative information pertaining to homework and attitudes to learning. In addition, one written report is sent home each year containing an overview of each student’s progress in each subject.