CONNECT with us

The Early Years & Primary School Admissions

It has been a pleasure to visit classroom environments which are, without exception, providing inviting and richly creative play/learning spaces alongside appropriate high quality resources which are clearly labelled and accessible by the students.

Kindergarten Gatehouse Inspection Report 2013

The Early Years and Primary Schools of Discovery Bay International School are non-selective and inclusive and cater for students between the ages of 3 and 11.

The schools follow the English National Curriculum in an international context.

Choosing the right school for your child is an important decision and we encourage parents and children to visit the school and meet the staff and students where possible. School tours can be arranged with one of the senior leaders of the school, throughout the year.

You can register your interest and request a tour by emailing our Admissions Manager, Mrs Alison Wyatt on admissions@dbis.edu.hk or by contacting us by telephone (+852 2987 7331). Please also take a look at our School Prospectus.

The Application Form is available online and we accept applications from birth. The following table will give you a guide as to which year is appropriate for your child.

Age on 1st Sept 2016Year Group
Born after 1st SeptNursery (2020 - 21)
Under 1 yearNursery (2019 - 20)
1Nursery (2018 - 19)
2Nursery (2017 - 18)
3Nursery
4Reception
5Year 1
6Year 2
7Year 3
8Year 4
9Year 5
10Year 6

An interview with all prospective students from Reception Year onwards and a written assessment of all students from Year 1 onwards is required prior to an offer of a place.

A non-returnable School Development Levy is required to be paid before the student joins the school. A fast track Premium School Development Levy is also available for over-subscribed Year Groups.

Nursery places are offered in early January based strictly on the date of application, levy type and sibling priority.