CONNECT with us
Head of School Welcome

Head of School Welcome

The school has a focus on placing learning at the centre of its educational process and this has driven all agendas.

Naace ICT Mark report Feb 2013

Head of School Welcome

Head of School Welcome

Welcome to Discovery Bay International School (DBIS). This website will allow you to get a real picture of what the school can provide. I also hope that you come and visit DBIS in person as we would be delighted to welcome you.

Visitors often acknowledge that DBIS is very different to other international schools in Hong Kong. Centred in the wonderful community of Discovery Bay on the beautiful island of Lantau, the school derives much strength from its tranquil location and its surrounding active community. Establishing and maintaining strong, caring, respectful, and supportive personal relationships is key to the DBIS ethos. Our approach allows DBIS’ teachers to work in tandem with supportive and aspirational parents in focusing upon the individual. It also allows students to concentrate on the challenging task of learning, growing, and developing as individuals.

Our students enjoy a broad international curriculum with British characteristics and a distinctive learning journey that begins in Early Years (age 3-5), progresses to the Primary school (age 6-11), and culminates in the Secondary school (age 12-18). The DBIS student experience is characterised by a highly personalised learning environment, small class sizes, creative approaches to teaching and learning, and a broad range of extra curricular activities.

As illustrated by our school’s aims and mission we are incredibly ambitious for our students. We are intent on ensuring that every student is supported and encouraged to reach their individual potential. We are an international community school committed to the constant pursuit of excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our students.

Paul Tough

Head of School 

Naace ICT Mark report Feb 2013
related events